Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some things I have learned about motherhood



A year ago I was awaiting the arrival of my baby and now I have a wiggly, crazy little boy who is almost 10 months old.
I find motherhood to be very challenging, but I feel rewarded when I see a smile or get a laugh out of Xander.
I can't believe how amazed I am at every single milestone that he hits. It's so exciting to see what he will do next.
I didn't realize how much bedtime meant to parents until I became one. I used to think my parents were punishing me. Now I know that it is sometimes the only break that mom and dad get all day.
Putting Xander on a schedule saved my sanity! As soon as I put him on a schedule, he started sleeping better and now he's just a happy healthy baby.
I didn't realize how tough the baby blues would be. Working out has been my anti-depressant and taking some baby breaks.
Being a mom is tough, and I do miss my pre-baby life, but I know how much fuller my life is as a mom. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything.
I love my beautiful blue-eyed boy so much. I live for him and to see him smile and laugh at me everyday.
Unfortunately I had to work on my very first Mother's day, but it was still good. Jerry and Xander came up to my job and spoiled me with gifts. Xander helped his dad pick out a beautiful diamond Mother's day necklace and then Jerry spoiled me with my favorite stone, the emerald.

No comments: