Sunday, April 27, 2014

Goings on lately

To say it has been a while would be an understatement.  Life has been busy and I have not been keeping up with this blog at all.  Lately we have been enjoying the beautiful spring weather when we can get it.  We just celebrated Easter.  Holidays are more fun as the kids get older and get more excited about them.  I spend more time this Easter reflecting on Jesus Christ more than I ever have.  I really don't think we can comprehend the impact his life had on all our lives.  He literally changed our lives with his sacrifice and his powerful and infinite love.  Here are a few photos from our lives recently:







Xander is 5.5 and Wesley is 3.5.  I can't believe my babies will be 6 and 4 this coming July.  We have a beautiful niece from my brother Mike and his wife Kristen.  She comes to play once in a while and we really enjoy her.  It's weird not having another baby in the home...but you can't really have control over your family or it's size.  I have learned over the last few years that you can't just choose to have a baby and then you'll  magically have one.  You can't even decide if you want a boy or a girl.  I'm not sure how our families our chosen.  I'm sure it has something to do with Premortal existence.  I just know that things don't always work out as planned.  I have had many times where I have been so frustrated and lost faith and hope.  Then I wake myself up and realize that I need to just trust my Heavenly Father and know that he has some kind of plan for me.  It hasn't made the journey any less easier, but it has made me stronger.  I know you can't just have whatever you what when you want it.  It's not a super public thing, but I'll post it here that we are applying for adoption.  We went to an orientation and they said that even if we do everything right, that we only have a 33% of even getting a child to bring home.  I wish we could add onto our family.  I'm trying to be more grateful for what I have and also have a better attitude.  It's hard, but I'm doing my best.

1 comment:

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

It is great that you want more kids, I am overwhelmed and not very good at having three. You are incredible, thanks for the message and thoughts you shared. All we can do is try, even if we don't succeed the way we imagine. Your boys are so cute and I hope that you are granted the desires of you heart!