Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Xander is 2!

New tricycle, I hope he likes it more as he gets older
Toy Story, Xander's favorite!
Checking out the presents
Opening Presents

Xander turned 2 on July 13th but we had a last minute birthday party for him on Saturday the 10th. It was last minute because I have been worried about this baby coming at any time. Xander was 3 weeks early, originally not due until August, so I kind of expected this baby already. Right now I'm looking at 9 days left and no baby yet. I really hope it's soon. I'm getting way to anxious and I really don't want to work anymore.
We just had a small party with some family and friends. Xander was spoiled and got plenty of new toys. He had so many toys that we had to put some away. I can't believe how many toys we have accumulated since he was born. I'm sure he will have plenty of toys to share with his new sibling. I wish I could make Xander understand that there will be a baby around, but I still feel like there is a language barrier. He only says a few words and doesn't even use them regularly. We are doing speech therapy and I hope we can get him talking soon. I'm sure he will catch on someday.
It feels like we just celebrated Xander's 1st birthday and now he is already 2 years old. I think the second year of his life went by faster then the first year. I'm praying and hoping the next blog entry will be a birth announcement, and in a few days time!

2 comments:

Nina said...

The last few weeks I have noticed how big Xander is getting, and then I realized he is TWO! I hope he had a great birthday, and good luck with the new arrival. That is so exciting!

Lex-a-roo said...

Holly cow! Time goes by so fast. I can't believe he is 2 already. Wow, and soon he'll be a big brother. I would be anxious for the baby to come too, I don't blame you. They take their own sweet time sometimes don't they. Well I can't wait to see the pics of your new addition.