Monday, November 30, 2009

The Holidays are here again


As soon as Halloween ends, it feels like Thanksgiving is the very next week, and then all of the sudden we are out putting up Christmas decorations. Jerry and I put up decorations in two parts. The first night we did the indoor stuff and then last night we put up all the outdoor decorations. We accomplished all of this after Xander was tucked away in bed. Of course we want this to be a family event, but at his age, he would just make things difficult. Maybe next year he can help a little. We put our tree in a room out of Xander's reach because I just know he will keep attacking the tree when I'm not looking. We still let him enjoy it by letting him have some supervised time with the tree. I think it was exciting for him the morning he woke up and saw all the Christmas stuff. He was only 5 months old last year so I'm sure he doesn't remember any of it. Now he can finally enjoy things more, even if he doesn't understand.
I finally started Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving, but I'm nowhere close to finishing. Of course we are going to spoil our only child. He is the only little one in my family too, so he will get spoiled by my family I'm sure. There is so much to think about, I just hope we can find a way to focus on what matters most and that is Jesus Christ and our family and friends. I was going to post a whole blog on what I am thankful for, but I will just add it in here.
I am getting old, but at 26 I have accomplished what some people dream their whole lives about, but for whatever reasons don't always have. I have a loving husband, a career, a nice shelter and a sweet little guy. Life is busy and crazy, but I try to be grateful everyday for what I have. Xander makes me crazy, but he is also so funny and sweet. He makes me forget the crazy times when he smiles at me or gives me a hug. I'm just grateful for my little family and I just pray that we can have a strong bond with each other. I am grateful to have been raised in the LDS church my whole life. I believe in it and I know I would be lost without it. I might not even have my little family today without the gospel to help me straighten out my life. I'm grateful for the family I was raised in. I think they are crazy, but I know we all love each other, and I know they are always there for me to help me and love me. I have so much and I try to remember that everyday. Happy Holidays!

No comments: