Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our baby is walking




I'm a proud parent, but sad at the same time. Xander has hit the milestone that I consider the difference between a baby and a toddler. Babies crawl and roll, but toddlers walk. For the last couple months Xander has mastered cruising and pushing his toys all over the room. One day he was playing with his car and I looked over at him. He just let go and took four steps forward. Soon he was taking steps, but falling a lot. Within a couple weeks he can walk all the way across the room and he can stand himself back up without support every time he falls. Now I will have to start buying him functional shoes instead of the cute booties that babies wear just for looks. I know that children grow too fast, but it is just crazy watching your own child hit their milestones. Now we need to get him talking next. He seems to be a little behind since he doesn't even say mommy or daddy yet. I just don't feel like I can call my first baby a baby anymore.

2 comments:

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

Hello there! You little guy can walk? That is so exciting...and I can see why you think it is a little sad too. You will just have to have another BABY now that he is a "toddler." ;) Have fun chasing him around, so adorable. I love this season too.

Jaime said...

Talking can take a LONG time. Brayden was behind and just finally got caught up to where he should be and he is 4.