Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday month!




The Cars cake had black frosting!


Back when I found out I would be having another July baby I thought it would be cool having my two kids share a birthday month. Now I'm thinking that it's just a little bit stressful, but we made it through. It was fun but I need a break from birthdays!

Xander was supposed to have his party on July 9th, a few days before his real one. However he got sick the night before with croup right in the middle of summer! Luckily I was able to reschedule for his actual birthday on the 13th. We just went to Boondocks and ate lots of pizza and cake. I can't believe it's already been 3 years since we brought home a late pre-term 5lb baby. He is now healthy, happy and well over 30lbs. My kids both have their yearly checkups next week and I'll have to post some stats if I can.
The final party was for baby Wesley on the 22nd. He is supposedly a toddler now but he is so tiny and sweet that he still seems very much like a baby to me. He still weighs close to what he did at 6 months. I don't know why he is so much smaller than his brother but he is still very healthy. I was hoping he would be walking by his 1st birthday, but he's not there yet. He is super close though. He walks with his toys and his newest trick is standing up on his own in the middle of the room. He just stands up and doesn't know what to do after that. He'll be walking soon enough, I'm sure it will be in the next couple weeks.
We had a Dino party for Wesley at our house. We invited close friends and family and ate lots of food. I wanted a barbecue but that's a little hard with no grill. We just ordered sandwiches instead. Both kids are spoiled now. If I ever have time I'm going to donate some old toys and clothes that my kids don't need or use. Wesley should be able to use a lot of Xander's old clothes, but with him being smaller, I have been having to buy him new outfits to fit the summer season. Wesley only wears 12 month size right now. Xander can even fit in clothes he wore a year ago. We built up a lot of clothes and toys in just 3 years!
I always like to include stats so here they are:
Wesley 12 months: 19.2lbs 29.5 inches
Xander 36 months: 34.6lbs 38inches
They are growing like crazy!

1 comment:

The Gibson 6-pack said...

The parties sound like a success :) I know all about little children....Karis was 13months at her 1yr. check-up and she weighs just 16lbs. 13oz. I love my petite little petunia. Croup is so horrible :( We dealt with it one with Aiden. Your boys are so handsome!!