Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time definitely flys!




Twenty years ago: I was 5 years old and living in one of the smallest towns in Utah, Clawson. (You probably haven't even heard of it.) I was in Kindergarten at Ferron Elementary school.
Ten years ago: I was living in Price, Utah and in 9th grade. In 9th grade I was on the student council. That is pretty weird for me since I am such an introvert. I got my driver's license at the end of 1999 and started driving a VW Quantum station wagon. I started high school as well at the end of 1999. Jerry was already graduated from high school at this time! He graduated in 1998.

Five years ago: At this time 5 years ago I was finishing up plans for our wedding. I was also in my last semester before getting my associates degree. I had just moved out of the "rock house." I had to live with my sister Sarah a couple weeks before my wedding. Jerry and I had just bought a condo in Bountiful and he was going to live there alone until our wedding. I can't believe that it has already been 5 years since I got married!
One year ago: I just barely got hired at my current job in the lab at the Huntsman cancer hospital. I was about 4 months pregnant and Jerry and I were making plans to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. Our big 20 week ultrasound was set on our actual anniversary. We were going to find out the gender and then start shopping for a girl or a boy. They told us it was a girl, so we went out and bought some cute girl clothes. Then 4 months later on July 13th, out came our baby....boy!

Six months ago: I was on maternity leave and taking care of our new baby boy. He was high maintenance and I was wondering when I would ever get to sleep all night again. Luckily when he turned 3 months old he started sleeping through the night. He's a lot more fun now and getting cuter everyday.

This year so far: I am just adjusting to being a working mom. Life is so busy and crazy, but we are used to our routine. I am so happy and sad to see Xander growing so fast. He's still not mobile yet, but he learns so much everyday. It's exciting to watch all the things that he can do. I am applying for a passport today and hoping that as a family we can do some traveling this year and just have lots of fun together.

Yesterday: I worked a 10 hour shift at work and came home completely exhausted. Jerry and I played with Xander and put him to bed. I then drifted in and out of conciousness because work wears me out so much!

Today: I woke up early and got everything ready for Xander. I saw Jerry off to work and then Xander and I played. I need to go get ready to go to the gym after I finish this post! I try to work out as much as I can and I know how much it helps. It is my sense of control in this crazy world.
Tomorrow: Go to the gym with Xander. Maybe I will hang out with some friends and our babies. There are not definite plans. I am just glad to not be at work for a few days!
Next year…I will be a working mommy still. I can't even imagine Xander being a toddler, but it is coming! I just hope we can be a more active family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I'm catching up on everyone who has blogger while my Little Dax is napping (boy he fights it these days). Made me think back - wow, time does fly. Tero